Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 37

When we got up in the morning it was raining hard outside. I was getting our bags packed to, but Dad stopped me. We got a special deal from the manager so we could stay the day in the motel. And when Dad looked at the intense rain out of the window, he agreed. We would spend the day in a motel room.

We had a pretty good breakfast--not as good as in the big hotel,
but still pretty big.

I spent the day mostly by watching television. It is a treat at first, but after a few hours I got tired of looking at a screen. I ran errands for Dad occasionally, like getting some ice from the ice machine or buying some soda for him.

Dad had saved me an English muffin, peanut butter and jelly for lunch. Pretty clever, I thought. Before then I didn't think there were ingredients for a PB&J at the breakfast table. Dad ate pizza left over from the day before. He also had me get some burgers and snacks from the neighboring McDonald's.

The hours slowly drug on by. The rain cleared up some, but it moved to where we would be heading if we got on the bike. So we still were not tempted to leave.

We took a walk to buy dinner and some other things when the day was getting close to ending. It was raining very lightly. We checked out a couple of stores, then went back to the motel.

After I heated up dinner Dad also had me get some more burgers. He was still a little hungry. We finished those up and then went to bed, hoping the rain would clear by the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment